Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Feeling loved!

Today Trevor woke up with pain and has been taking pain medicine as much as it is allotted. If he stays consistent with his meds his day is much more tolerable. I was pretty exhausted today, physically and emotionally. I tend to take on everything and forget to give it to God. I was able to take a much needed nap and that helped a lot. I will probably go by work tomorrow to get some stuff to bring home.

Trevor's parents stopped by on their way back to Colorado and brought him some special pillows to help him sit better. Sitting can be painful for him. It is mostly when he stands up and has to use the muscles. My mom came by and made us dinner and, then my good friend and band mate Chrystal brought some epsom salt. It is a natural muscle relaxer. She is a massage therapist and has used this before. I am excited for Trevor to try it out. We are feeling pretty loved by our friends and family who have be gracious to help. My dear friend Emily set up a care calendar. If you would like to sign up to bring a meal here is the info:

www.CareCalendar.org
Calendar ID: 89194
Security Code: 9271

I have to share a funny story. Trevor has been so bored we went to Walmart today to get some games. I didn't want him trecking around Walmart on foot because I know it would hurt him in the long run (considering he mostly just walks a little around the hosue). So, he rode one of those motorized carts. It was pretty funny because he was having so much fun doing it. He was so glad to be out of bed and was zipping around Walmart. We got some strage looks because he doesn't look at all like he would need to ride one of those. I thought about having him take off his jacket so people could see his back brace, but mostly we just laughed about it.

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers. Pray that we get rest and that his pain becomes less and less.

1 comment:

  1. hahah! that is so like trevor. i miss you guys, praying for you both, sorry about trevor's back! if he ever wants to play my husband warcraft 2 online let me know HAHA

    ReplyDelete