It seems that the last few months everyone around me is suffering. Whether it be health, accidents, jobs, losing some0ne, trials are all around us. In a song I am in the process of writing I wrote a line, "But it's funny how God uses these hard times, to draw you close." And how true that has been lately. When I found out about the trials my friends would be facing with their new born baby it was devastating. If you are interested in their story look at their blog.
www.mandypelton.blogspot.com
I have never prayed so much for anything in my life. I was consistently praying more than I ever had before. And even though it was a fearful situation, I was at peace. I talked to God, asked Him to heal this baby, but it was unsure what the outcome would be. It is amazing how baby Jude's parents have handled this situation. Their strength and total faith in God can not be described with words. While baby Jude only lived 67 days it is a fact that he changed many lives forever. How can such a heartbreaking situation be looked at in a positive light at all? I really do believe so many drew closer to God during this time, and even though the outcome was not what so many were praying for, this baby's short life will be used for the glory of God.
All of this has got me to thinking on the big question "Why do bad things happen to good people?" I have found some verses that have been very helpful.
~Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. ~James 1:2-4~
~Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him. ~James 1:12~
~In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials.These have come so that your faith—of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire—may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed. Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy, for you are receiving the goal of your faith, the salvation of your souls.~1 Peter 1:6-9~
~Many are the plans in a man's heart,
but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails.
~Proverbs 19:21~
So to sum it up, we suffer for a greater purpose. Bad things will and do happen, but we must perservere. God is faithful and our hope endures in Him. His promises are true and while baby Jude passing on gives us heavy hearts, my heart has hope and I will draw closer sitll to God in this time. I am inspired by the Peltons faith and their trail has made my realationship with God stronger. Jude lived 67 days and his story changed the lives of many. I hope that my life can be for the glory of God as much as Jude's story has been. I love you Brandon, Mandy, Caleb, and Jude.
laundry room art
4 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment