Monday, October 3, 2011

Got the brace!

Today we were able to get into the place right away to get Trevor's brace. He actually was able to come home with it. It is not the most comfortable contraption by far, but it allows him to be a little more mobile. We have an appointment on Friday morning with a spine specialist and hope to learn more than as to what recovery will look like.

Some of you have asked what you can do. I will be working on moving my office home this week so I can be with Trevor to help him as there are some things he cannot do on his own. He spends most of his time in bed and is really bored. We would welcome visitors. Trevor expressed an interest in playing board games with friends, or even if you just want to stop by and say hi he would love company. Just give me a call first so we know you are coming and if he is awake. Also, I don't like leaving him alone at this point so when there are people here I am able to run errands. It also helps because I can focus on cooking meals or cleaning while someone else is with him. One of my friends is setting up an online care calender if anyone is interested in bringing us a meal. I will put the link on the blog and facebook when it is set up.

We are finding that Trevor may not be able to work for a while because people are worried about him being a liability. He feels that he may be up to doing some non-manual labor, like editing and what not, but some of the jobs he had lined up like this told him that they don't want him working with his injury due to liability reasons. As the man of our family, this is hard for him because he wants to provide for us. Please pray that he has a peace about it and we are able to make it by while he is not working.

I wanted to share something cool about all of this. Something cool you say? What is cool about your husband breaking his back Cassie? Well, it is no secret that I struggle with anxiety. When I was driving to meet Trevor and the others at the lake on Saturday I had this huge peace come over me. The drive was so beautiful and relaxing and I felt a peace I have not had in a long time. I think that God was preparing me for what would happen that evening. Everyone keeps asking how did you handle the accident and the ER. I feel like I just got into "work mode" or social worker mode, and was able to get through it that way. Don't get me wrong I have had a few moments of weakness, like when I see him hurting or reacting to pain, or when we were driving to get his brace, but for the most part I have been doing pretty well with this. I am thankful for that.

I will keep you all posted as we find out more.

No comments:

Post a Comment